JOB TITLE: Field Sales Engineer
REPORTS TO: SVP Sales
3VR is the world leader in video intelligence, allowing usable data to be extracted from video. Today, video is the fastest growing source of unstructured data, yet most of it goes unused due to the need for a person to watch it before anything can be done with it. 3VR changes that. We are a privately funded company by top tier VC's (check out the full list on our website at http://www.3vr.com/about/investors.
Now we're expanding our market by scaling our server architecture to accommodate more cameras and bigger enterprises which is being extending to operate at both the edge and the cloud. At 3VR, you will work as a member of a team to win and support customers with our patented and award-winning technology.
Provide training, integration, and support of 3VR systems to integrators and end-users ensure the attainment of established sales targets. Includes pre-sales consultation on system configuration and IT requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Generates new business and ensures growth of existing accounts.
- Assesses potential application of company products or services and offers solutions that meet customer needs.
- Researches and presents reports showing potential customers the cost benefit of purchasing company products or services.
- Provides technical training to clients and communicates customer feedback for future product developments.
- Uses technical knowledge of product offerings to support and build sales.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the physical security and retail analytics fields.
- Continually gathers and monitors information on competition and market trends; communicates information to sales, marketing, and engineering teams.
- Participates in sales presentations and demonstrations in person and via webinar.
- Understands and communicates information regarding company products, services, and policies and procedures to existing and potential customers.
- Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of network video recorders, video analytics and video management software industry product and sales information.
- Monitors overall activities in area of responsibility; identifies problem areas and directs corrective actions.
- Provides timely and accurate reports as required.
- Attends and participates in business/trade events as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) or equivalent.
- Two to four year’s related experience.
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills.
- Well-developed project and account management skills.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal and customer management.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups at all levels of an organization
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Excellent problem resolution and consultative sales skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Travel approximately 80% of time
- Potential for international travel must have a current US passport
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information
- Understand and respond to a diverse population.
- Lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, including 3VR appliances.
- Travel by car may be required. Proof of insurance and a clean DMV record may be required.
3VR provides a very competitive salary and benefit package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). 3VR is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment