As a Technical Support Engineer at 3VR, you will bring your interpersonal skills and technical expertise to our patented and award-winning technology.
3VR is looking for a dynamic and experienced Technical Support Engineer to join our top-notch engineering team. As a Technical Support Engineer at 3VR, you will bring your interpersonal skills and technical expertise to our patented and award-winning technology. We have a great team working in an open and free environment, and we're looking to make good on the promised value of big data based on video. Our team is looking for the right candidate to help make that happen.
3VR has established itself as the most innovative player in video intelligence. Now we're expanding into other markets by turning unstructured video into true business intelligence. Having the right people in place to support this technology is absolutely critical to that goal, and that's where you fit in.
- Here's what you'll do when you join the 3VR team:
- Provide extensive second-line telephone and electronic support for our customers using 3VR software deployed on various platforms.
- Work with all levels of customers with varying degrees of technical expertise by effectively resolving issues in an expedient manner.
- Display the following: positive and professional phone manner, a strong commitment to service, excellent follow-through, the ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced and changing environment, great analytical and problem solving skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work well independently while being a positive and supportive team member.
- Conducts proactive customer follow-up in addition to escalating issues appropriately.
- Customer focused and team orientated.
- Strong knowledge of both hardware and software products (e.g., PC architectures, networking, TCP/IP, client/server environments, etc.) and excellent technical troubleshooting skills.
- Customer support experience in a technical environment.
- Windows-based architecture and support.
- Various hardware platforms and operating systems.
Not required, but nice to have:
- Experience in Security, Loss prevention or Customer Insights markets specifically in the Video Management Software (VMS) space.
- Experience in a tiered support system
- Field Sales Engineering Experience
- Familiar with Salesforce or other CRM software
- Bilingual: English/Spanish
- At 3VR opportunities are merit-based. Those with the right desire, initiative, and approach will create their own opportunities for growth and thrive in this environment.
- At 3VR, we place a great deal of emphasis on collaboration and maintaining an open working environment - having great coworkers is one of the biggest determinants for enjoying your work, and we take our enjoyment of work very seriously.
- Your opinions matter. We're driven by technology and innovation, and we look to the smartest, most passionate people on the team as the source of ideas.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you've been looking for, then we're going to need your resume, of course, but more importantly send us a cover letter giving us a sense of why you think you are absolutely the right person for this job. Tell us how and why you are going to meet and exceed the objectives above, and then we'll tell you how we can meet and exceed your goals for a great place to work.
Based in San Francisco, CA, 3VR provides video business intelligence solutions for real-time security and customer insights enabling organizations to protect employees, customers and assets as well as improve store operations and shopping experiences. 3VR products include hybrid network video recorders, video management and investigation software, comprehensive dashboards and reports and a robust suite of video analytics and APIs. 3VR is one of the fastest growing US-based private companies and is the standard for hundreds of global customers in Financial Services, Retail, Government, Critical Infrastructure and Hospitality.www.3vr.com.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- 3VR is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.
Apply by sending a resume and detailed cover letter to email@example.com with the words "Technical Support Engineer Tier 2" in the e-mail subject line.